*The deadline for submitting an abstract is Wednesday, 15 January 2020; Midnight EST. Click the button below to submit your abstract.
Thank you for your submissions.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION & GUIDELINES
Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting. Abstracts should report on results of truly original research. The proposal will be reviewed according to the scientific content and ethical considerations.
Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only. Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Abstracts may be submitted for E-poster short oral presentations or E-poster viewing only. Authors are asked to advise their preference; however, the decision of which abstracts to select for each type of presentation is the responsibility of the Scientific Committee.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
While you may submit as many abstracts as you wish, each person may only serve as the presenting author for a maximum of 3 abstracts. The presenting author must be listed as the first author. You will be notified if you have assigned a presenting author to an abstract who has already reached the maximum of 3 presentations, and you will be given the opportunity to assign one of the other co-authors of the abstract as the presenting author.
Submitters and co-authors can be listed on as many abstracts as needed.
Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline; 6 April 2020, will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
Please note: the submitting author will receive all correspondence about the abstract so we advise that the details of the submitting author are the same as those of the presenting author.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract submitter's will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form. Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
Please note: selected abstracts will be published in the CHEST® journal and official congress publications of the CHEST Congress 2020; Bologna, Italy. By submitting your abstract, you are agreeing to its publication in this journal and any other congress related materials.
Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the CHEST Congress 2020 website.
Publication Embargo: CHEST Congress 2020; Bologna, Italy has an embargo policy on all abstracts submitted to the congress. The embargo will be lifted in June 2020, prior to the congress.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Preferred Presentation type: Short Oral E-Poster Presentation/E-Poster Viewing Only.
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements.
- Graphs and images – A maximum of 1 image, graph or table can be included per abstract. Images do not count towards word count. Images will not be published.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG, GIF or PNG format only.
- Abstract topic - select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Only metric system (SI) units should be used.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please refer to your abstract by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract. Please contact the Secretariat, by clicking here, if you do not receive confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- Abstract submission closes on 15 January 2020; Midnight EST. No changes can be made to your abstract after this deadline. You are welcome to upload an updated E-poster prior to the Congress.
All abstracts, including case reports, must be submitted with the following sections:
- Clinical implications
Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED BEFORE the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the "Content") to (CHEST Congress 2020, Bologna, Italy 25-27 June) and Kenes International (Hereafter: the "Organizers"), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.