CHEST® Journal: View all the congress abstracts by clicking here.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission is Now Closed. Thank you for your submission.
Notifications for Late-Breaking Submissions were sent in March 2019.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION & GUIDELINES
Abstracts must be submitted in English and should report on results of truly original research that have not been published whole or in part elsewhere. The proposal will be reviewed according to the scientific content and ethical considerations.
Abstracts may be submitted for poster viewing or poster short-oral presentation. Authors are asked to advise their preference; however, the decision of which abstracts to select for each type of presentation is the responsibility of the Scientific Committee.
Abstracts must be submitted via the website only. Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
While you may submit as many abstracts as you wish, each person may only serve as the presenting author for a maximum of 3 abstracts. You will be notified if you have assigned a presenting author to an abstract who has already reached the maximum of 3 presentations, and you will be given the opportunity to assign one of the other co-authors of the abstract as the presenting author.
Abstract submission is now closed. You are welcome to bring an updated poster on site with you.
A confirmation email will be sent to you when your abstract has been received. Please refer to your abstract by number, title and presenting author in all correspondence regarding the abstract. Please contact the Secretariat if you do not receive confirmation that your abstract has been received.
Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study.
Please note: selected abstracts will be published in the CHEST journal. By submitting your abstract, you are agreeing to its publication in this journal
Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting.
Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Abstract title – limited to 25 words
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words
Tables – A maximum of 1 table of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
Graphs and images – A maximum of 1 image, graph or table can be included per abstract. Images do not count towards word count. During the submission process, tables created using the create table button will count each word in the table. Tables can be submitted as a jpeg to avoid this; if a table is submitted as a jpeg, the 10 rows X 10 columns rule will not apply.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
Only metric system (SI) units should be used.
All abstracts, including case reports, must be submitted with the following sections:
- Clinical implications
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract. You may find the list of applicable abstract topics here.
Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED BEFORE the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content”) to CHEST Congress 2019, Bangkok, Thailand 10-12 April and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers”), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
4. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
6. I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
7. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
8. I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.