Last update: 16 March, 2020
As the news about the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve and some major events are being cancelled or postponed in Europe, we want to update you that preparations for CHEST Congress 2020 in Bologna are ongoing.
As the congress organizers, the safety and health of all those attending is our main concern and we are monitoring the situation very closely.
We are following the recommendations of the World Health Organization as well as those of the local health authorities in Italy.
We currently anticipate that we will decide whether to postpone the event, or continue as planned, in early April.
We recommend attendees to book their flights and accommodation with cancellation insurance.
We will continue to advise accordingly and provide related updates on the congress website and to all of our faculty, industry partners and participants.
It is our hope that the COVID-19 virus will be contained as soon as possible, and our thoughts go out to those families that have been affected.